Malone Auto Racks is the largest family owned car rack accessory company in North America. Manufactured in Maine and sold all over the world, we are proud to offer Malone's innovative, high quality base trailers
One of the best ways to transport one or more kayaks or canoes is on a base rack trailer. Sure, a trailer cost more up front than a roof top crossbar system, but it is an investment you won’t regret once you put it to use. The Malone MPG460G MicroSport Trailer is an affordable and convenient solution for towing kayaks, canoes, and more while eliminating the back breaking hassle of loading gear on your vehicle's roof. And best of all, when the trip is over, the trailer can be detached from the vehicle while still loaded and stored in the garage, all ready to go for the next adventure. Heavy-duty all galvanized 11 Gauge steel frame construction and pair of 12" galvanized steel slotted wheels accommodates a 375 lb. weight load capacity while the included MPG470 Trailer Lift Handle facilitates moving the trailer when it’s unhitched from the vehicle.
- The Malone MicroSport trailer is specifically designed to affordably transport kayak and canoes without the hassle of mounting them onto your vehicle's rooftop
- Perfect for towing behind any small compact car, SUV, pickup truck or van
- Includes pair of 65" coated steel rectangular load bars that are compatible with all types of gear carriers from Malone, Inno, Yakima, Thule & more
- Optional pair of Malone MPG476 78" Load Bars are also available (not included)
- Best in Class instructions included, and components are individually packaged for easy assembly with no special tools required
- Ships directly to you in 4 convenient packages
- Pre-assembled hubs for a clean and simple installation
- Includes universal hitch ball mount and also an 8' extended high strength tongue with support skid
- MPG470 Trailer Lift Handle now included
- Compatible with any canoe, kayak, rowboat etc. up to 20 ft. long
- Everything included for a complete all-purpose tow trailer system: galvanized 11 gauge steel frame; pair of 12" galvanized steel slotted wheels; 54" galvanized axle with sealed hubs; pair of 65" universal mount cross bars; 8' reinforced tongue; DOT & Transport Canada approved lighting & bearings; pre-tested pre-fitted electrical system; pre-tested pre-fitted chassis components; best in class instructions
- overall trailer width: 65" / overall trailer length: 159" / weight capacity: 375 lbs
- We highly recommend the Malone MPG465 Spare Tire Kit (not included).
- Easy to follow Malone MPG460G MicroSport trailer assembly instructions manual included
- 5 Year Warranty / Proudly made in the USA
1). What is the weight of the base trailer? 197-230lbs
2). What is the length of trailer (whole)/ Tongue retracted? 13.25 ft (159") / 103" with tongue retracted
3). What is the width of trailer? 5.5 ft (65")
4). What is the width w/o cross bars?55"
5). What is the Required Hitch Ball Size? 2"
6). What is the Hitch Ball Height From Ground? 18" to the top of the ball
7). What are the Load Limits? Base Trailer 355 lbs. up to 800 lbs. w/ double leaf spring option.
8). What is the Height of cross bars from ground? Approx. 32" to top of cross bar from ground level.
9). Can I use my round Yakima Cross bars? Yes: with Malone MPG490 round cross bar brackets.
10). What is the Frame width/Assembled? 40"
11). What is the Proper Tire PSI? Approx. 40 psi
12). Wiring - what color, what side? Looking from back of trailer:Green/Brown on Right, Yellow/Brown on left, Brown: Running Lights / Yellow: Left Turn, Left Brake Green: Right Turn, Right Brake / White: Ground
13). What is the Tire Size? 12" rim x 5" wide
14). What is the Tongue Weight? 24.8 lbs
15). What are the Storage Trunk Dimensions? 38" x 18" x 14" / 3.7 Cubic Feet
16). What is the Load bar spread (capable of)? 44.5" - 56"
17). What are the Frame and Tongue Dimensions? Frame: C-Channel, measuring 3-3.5" / Tongue: Steel tube measuring 2" x 3" x 8'
Studded 1" Spindle
5 x 4.5 Bolt Circle
Flange O.D. 5 9/16"
12" Max Wheel
1.98" Hub I.D.