THULE RACKS 20% OFF (or more) SALE NOW!
+FREE SHIPPING* on orders of $99.00+ (contiguous USA)
*cargo roof boxes, spare parts excluded from 20% off sale.
*certain cargo roof boxes excluded from free shipping.
One component of the Thule Racks premium Rapid Traverse roof rack system, the Thule 480R Rapid Traverse Foot Pack is the solution for cars and pickup truck cabs that have smooth, naked rooftops with no rain gutters, no factory side rails, no factory racks etc. Packaged as a set of four Feet. Replaces the Thule 400XTR Rapid Aero Foot Pack with a host of new features and benefits. Requires 2 Thule AeroBlade load bars (not included; see accessory add-ons below) and 4 Thule Traverse Fit Kit brackets (not included; see accessory add-ons below). The Thule 480R Rapid Traverse Foot Pack works the same as the regular Thule 480 Traverse Foot Pack but is designed for use with the premium, aerodynamic Thule AeroBlade bars instead of square load bars.
Purchasing just the set of 4 Thule 480R Rapid Traverse Feet is a great way to transfer your existing Thule base roof rack system to a new vehicle cheaply without the need to buy an entirely new base rack system. Also available as a complete Thule 480R Rapid Traverse roof rack system. Optionally lockable outer cover features bold, contemporary styling and hides and protects the interior of each Foot while blending flawlessly with any roofline for a truly integrated appearance. We highly recommend a four pack of Thule Locks (not included; see accessory add-ons below) to lock each Foot to vehicle.
- A component of Thule Racks premium Rapid Series of roof rack systems featuring beautiful design styling and a sleek aerodynamic low-profile that improves fuel efficiency.
- The 480R Thule Rapid Traverse Foot Pack is the ultimate solution for vehicles that have smooth, naked rooftops with no rain gutters, no factory side rails, no factory racks etc.
- Requires the use of Thule Traverse Fit Kits (sold separately; see accessory add-ons below) and pair of Thule AeroBlade load bars (sold separately; see accessory add-ons below). Not compatible with Thule Racks square load bars.
- The Thule Rapid Traverse Foot Pack and Fit Kit clips combination delivers the strongest hold, safest fit and easiest installation for total roof rack peace of mind.
- Many Traverse Fit Kits available for use with the Thule 480R Foot Pack, each Fit Kit designed specifically for use on specific vehicle makes / models (see our Thule Racks automated fit guide above or below to determine Fit Kit required for your vehicle).
- Includes AccuTight Tightening Tool which automatically indicates when the roof rack is safely and properly attached to vehicle, assuring the safest install on all styles of vehicles.
- MaxClamp Technology delivers dramatically greater vehicle grip over any competitors' Foot Pack, Towers, Stays etc.
- EZ Assemble Design uses 50% fewer parts and requires half the time to install.
- OneTouch Bar Lock separates Foot positioning from rack mounting, set it once and done.
- Protective surfaces prevent shifting and protect vehicle's paint.
- We recommend a 4-pack of Thule Locks & Keys (not included; see accessory add-ons below) to secure to your car roof top.
- Easy to follow instructions manual included.
- Thule Racks Lifetime Warranty!
Thule 480R Rapid Traverse Foot Pack Resource Wall
Read the reviews below to find out what other customers are saying about the Thule Rapid Traverse 480R Foot Pack.
Contribute Your Review of the Thule Rapid Traverse Foot Pack
Discuss the 480R Thule Rapid Traverse Foot Pack. Use the form below to fire away with your questions, answers and general comments about this product.
Shane asks - I'm trying to install this system on my Saab 9-2x but having issues. Specifically, the Fit Kit clip is not long enough to reach from the 480 Foot to the correct position on the door well. Any help?
ORS Racks Direct crew answers - Check out this photo link of the Thule 480 Traverse Foot troubleshoot to solve your problem. Image A depicts grey screw on the Thule 480 Traverse Foot in the fully tightened position and clip positioned at highest point (the Fit Kit attaches to the clip). If you find that the Fit Kit does not reach down far enough to be positioned correctly on your doorwell, simply fully loosen the grey screw and the clip will lower to its lowest position as depicted in image B. You can then attach the Fit Kit to the clip in this lowest position, allowing the Fit Kit to be properly positioned on the doorwell.
Terry R. asks - I currently have Thule 400XTR Rapid Aero Towers & ARB47 AeroBlade crossbars from my 2003 Honda Civic. Do I have to use these 480R Traverse Towers on the 2010 Honda Fit Sport that I now own. Or are the 400XTR Towers still compatible and maybe I could use the Traverse Fit Kits with it?
ORS Crew answers - In 2010 Thule Racks overhauled their roof rack systems for cars with nothing on the rooftop, such as the 2010 Honda Fit Sport. It no longer can use the Thule 400XTR Rapid Aero Feet. You now must use the Thule 480R Traverse Foot Pack along with the new Traverse Fit Clips (Traverse Fit Clips are not compatible with the 400XTR Aero Foot Pack). The good news is you can still use your current Thule ARB47 AeroBlade load bars. So you will need to get a Thule 480R Rapid Traverse Foot Pack and the Thule 1465 Fit Kit Clips. You can then use your ARB47 AeroBlade load bars with this set up and install it for a sweet 2010 Honda Fit Sport roof rack system.
Thule 480R Rapid Traverse roof rack review video & demo by ORS Racks Direct. Demonstration movie of the Thule Racks 480R Rapid Traverse system, the revolutionary new premium multi-purpose base rack for vehicles that currently have nothing on the rooftop (i.e. no rain gutters, no factory rack or factory siderails, no roof tracks, no fixed attachment points etc.)
PLEASE NOTE: This video was produced prior to the release of AeroBlade bars and includes the older model Rapid Aero bars in the installation. However, the AeroBlade load bars are similarly installed, only easier!
Includes Thule 480R Rapid Traverse Foot Pack, set of Traverse Fit Kit clips (specific to your vehicle) and a pair of AeroBlade load bars. Much easier to install than the previous Thule 400XTR Rapid Aero car rack system. Delivers a more premium modern, aerodynamic and integrated look over the standard 480 Traverse system with square load bars. Each Traverse Fit Kit clip easily slides into position on each 480 Rapid Traverse Foot. Includes easy-to-follow instructions and the measurements required for the perfect fit on your specific vehicle. Tightening to roof rack couldn't be easier, as each 480 Rapid Traverse Foot includes a handy torque wrench that indicates when it is perfectly tightened. All Thule gear carriers (and carriers from other car rack companies) will then mount to the AeroBlade bars.
Customer Installation Pictures
Proud current customer with ORS Racks Direct?
20%+ OFF SALE Thule 480R Rapid Traverse Roof Rack w/ AeroBlade Bars - Complete System for Vehicles With Bare Naked RoofTops
20%+ OFF SALE Thule Traverse Fit Kits (set of 4) for use with 480 Traverse Foot Pack / 480R Rapid Traverse Foot Pack
All Thule Locks for Car Racks Including Bike, Ski-Snowboard, SUP-Surfboard, Kayak-Canoe Locks etc.
All Thule Roof Rack Bars - AeroBlade / Square Load Bars / Rapid Aero Bars
Thule Fairings - Roof Fairings for Thule Car Racks
Thule Car Racks - All Thule Roof Rack Base Systems Individual Components
Thule CrossOver Luggage Series - All Luggage, BackPacks, Duffel Bags, Messenger Bags, MacBook Sleeves etc.
All Chariot Carriers, CTS Kits & Accessories - Single-Double Baby Joggers, Baby Strollers, Child Bike Trailers, Ski Pulks
Thule Spare Parts & Replacement Parts for All Thule Racks
Roll over tabs above for product reviews, discussion, videos, install photos, additional recommended accessories & more.
Packaged as a set of 4.
This is one component of a complete base rack system. Also requires a set of 4 Thule Traverse Fit Kit Clips (not included; see accessory add-ons above) and 2 Thule AeroBlade load bars (not included; see accessory add-ons above)
complete Thule 480R Rapid Traverse car rack system
» all complete Thule base roof rack systems
QUICK ORDERING SOLUTION
Alternatively, we suggest using our easy Thule Racks automated fit guide to quickly determine & order the correct multi-purpose base roof rack system and/or gear carrier attachments for your specific vehicle year/make/model:
*please note: Thule Racks fit guide does not always show all compatible options. Please contact us with any additional compatibility questions.