THULE RACKS 10% OFF SALE GOING ON NOW!
SPORTRACK (by THULE) 10% OFF SALE GOING ON NOW!
+ free shipping* on orders of $99 & over (contiguous US only)
*Cargo roof boxes excluded from free shipping program.
*Certain specialty priced promotional items and cargo roof boxes
excluded from all current web site coupons.
» click here for complete details
The all-new Thule 500 Xsporter Pro truck rack-ladder-rack delivers premium upgrades and redesign over the previous generation Thule 422XT Xsporter model. Now with maximum vertical height adjustability, the Xsporter Pro 500 offers universal compatibility with both full size pickups and compact trucks.
ALL-NEW FEATURED HIGHLIGHTS:
- CustomAdjust Bar Height - provides maximum carrying versatility for easy loading, carrying and storage.
- AirTrip Technology - integrated into the bar to redirect airflow for superior aerodynamics.
- WindDiffuser Technology - raised textured strip disturbs airflow for ultra quiet road performance.
- SecureLock System - includes four One-Key locks to secure rack to the truck.
- Reinforced Aluminum Design - provides strength to carry up to 450 pounds. Highly durable and non-corrosive.
- Quick and Easy Installation - requires no cutting or drilling – limited assembly.
- Toyota Tacoma Compatibility - works with 2005+ Toyota Tacoma truck bed channels by simply using the Thule XK3 Adapter Kit (sold separately; see accessory add-ons below) in combination with the 500 Xsporter Pro system.
- Optional All-Purpose Load Stops - optionally available are the set of 4 all-purpose Thule 753-3761 Load Stops (sold separately; see accessory add-ons below) for stabilizing cargo loads such as ladders, lumber, conduit, canoe and more. Load Stops adjust and position anywhere along the cross bars.
The Thule 500 Xsporter Pro multi-height aluminum truck rack-ladder rack is an incredibly versatile system thoughtfully designed to maximize the load capacity of any pickup truck. Holds up to 450 lbs. Includes four-pack of Thule Racks One-Key locks and keys to fully secure the 500 Xsporter Pro truck rack to the pickup truck bed rails. Quickly raise the load bars to carry long loads and free up cargo space in your truck bed or lower the 500 Xsporter Pro truck rack load bars for convenient bed level loading. Raise and lower to any custom height adjustment! Simple assembly with fast install. No drilling or cutting required.
Virtually all Thule roof mount gear carriers attach directly to the 500 Xsporter Pro truck rack load bars or using the Thule Xadapt Kits. Please click the link below to view compatibility specifications of the most popular Thule sports gear carriers when used on Thule Xsporter bars:
» complete Thule gear carrier compatibility chart
2005+ Toyota Tacoma pickups with truck bed channel systems require the Thule XK3 Adapter Kit (sold separately; see accessory add-ons below) to install the Xsporter Pro 500 system. We recommend using our Thule Racks Fit Guide (see above or below) to determine Thule 500 Xsporter Pro compatibility with your specific pickup truck year, make and model.
- Includes pair of load bars (also called crossbars) with a length of 72 inches.
- CustomAdjust Bar Height allows for any vertical height adjustment -- low positions: easy bed level loading and unloading for bikes, snowboards, and short boards / high position: long loads are held secure while the cargo bed remains usable for other items.
- AirTrip Technology is integrated into the cross bars to redirect airflow for superior aerodynamics.
- WindDiffuser Technology via raised textured strip that disturbs airflow for ultra quiet road performance.
- Easy to install with no drilling required. Limited assembly required.
- Includes four-pack of Thule Racks One-Key locks and keys to fully secure the truck rack to the pick-up truck bed rails.
- Optionally available are the set of 4 all-purpose Thule 753-3761 Load Stops (sold separately; see accessory add-ons below) for stabilizing cargo loads such as ladders, lumber, conduit, canoe and more. Load Stops adjust and position anywhere along the cross bars.
- Virtually all Thule roof mount gear carriers attach directly to the versatile aerodynamic cross bars or using the Thule Xadapt Kits.
- Dual-slot reinforced load bars feature 2 slots of reinforcement within load bars for added strength, rigidity and accessory attachment.
- Four fully welded mounting rails (with locks included) that clamp onto the top of the truck bed rail and lock upright towers in place for easy installation and security.
- WearGuard Strips integrated into both load bars to protect against wear on equipment and damage to building materials.
- This Thule truck rack has a 450 lb. load capacity.
- Long lasting, great looking high strength, industrial grade aluminum construction.
- Thule 500 Xsporter Pro easy-to-follow installation instructions manual included.
- Thule Racks Lifetime Warranty!
Thule 500 Xsporter Pro Truck Rack Resource Wall
Read the reviews below to find out what other customers are saying about this item.
Contribute Your Review of the Thule Xsporter Pro Truck-Ladder Rack
this Thule 500 Xsporter Pro truck rack review by Jeff T.
vehicle year/make/model: 2012 Ford F-250
item(s) transported: 32' ladder
This product is incredible. Not only will it support the weight of my 32' fiberglass ladder, but it doesn't even shake traveling down the road. My son climbs in the truck bed & hangs from it all the time & it's never even come loose or bent. Extremely good quality product. To add to it, the rails even drop down into the truck bed when I'm not hauling my ladder around. The mounts even come with individual locks so no one can adjust or remove them without my key. To make matters better, I simply called ORS Racks Direct, gave them my information & the product showed up at my house 2 days before it was scheduled to. They even gave me the tracking number 2 hours after I got off the phone with them. Definitely recommend buying from ORS Racks Direct for the exceptional customer service.
Discuss the Thule Racks Xsporter Pro 500 ladder rack-truck rack. Use the form below to fire away with your questions, answers and general comments about this product.
Jonesy asks - I have a Thule roof rack (one bar) on the cab roof of my Toyota Tacoma, and I'm wondering if you can just purchase one Thule 500 Xsporter bar/assembly, as I want to sit one end of my canoe on that, and the other end on the cab rack crossbar? Thanks.
ORS Crew answers - Yes this is available for purchase as a single crossbar w/ two towers (as opposed to the full truck rack system with four upright towers and two crossbars). It is not offered as a product that is orderable on our website directly. Give us a call (toll free 1-800-894-7547) and we can get you all set up.
ORS Crew explains - The included pair of cross bars are 72" long.
ORS Crew says - We have tested and verified that the Yakima universal mounts, that come with Yakima kayak racks and upright mount bike racks, will fit nicely to the Thule Xsporter bars. Great news for anyone with Yakima carriers currently or interested in purchasing these carriers for use on this truck rack.
Aaron asks - I'd like to be able to have 2 834 Hull-a-Port j-racks on the Xsporter, then fill up the rest of the bars with a ski rack (plan to use them as fishing rod holders which are perfect for fishing rods) but I dont want to buy more than what will fit on the bars though. Thoughts?
ORS Racks Direct crew answers - The cross bars are 72" long. The 92726 and 92725 ski carriers take up about 30" of bar space and the 92724 takes up 22". The 834 Hull-a-Port’s take up approx 18" apiece, so you you have plenty of room.
Ben asks - I have a '05 Toyota Tacoma and would thus need the XK3 adapter. As I would like to only mount the Tule Xsporter to the truck when in use, I was wondering how long it would take to put the rack on the truck and then take it down. What is the process with this adapter and the time needed for setup?
CRAWDAD answers - I do this with my Xsporter Ben. The XK3 adapters mount fast to the track system. Then all you do is attach the base of each Xsporter Tower onto each adapter. So taking it out is so easy. I usually just remove the Tower and leave the base intact on the XK3. But its not a hassle to loosen the XK3 adapters and then just slide out the 422XT bases if you prefer.
CB asks - Does the Thule 500 fit a 2009 Colorado pickup?
ORS Racks Direct Crew answers - Yep. This model works great as a 2009 Chevy Colorado truck rack.
George B. asks - Do the Thule Xporter towers have the option to be locked down to the bed of the truck? If not how about the Yakima Outdoorsman 300 towers?
ORS Crew answers - Yes, in fact the Xsporter includes a 4-pack of Thule locks and keys to lock all 4 towers to the truck bed. No need to purchase any additional security locks. The Yakima Outdoorsman 300 truck racks do not have a locking option available.
C. Watson says - Will this work as a 2001 Dodge Dakota extended cab pickup truck bed rack? I want to carry surfboards and a 12' long cedar Hawaiian water sled. Thanks.
ORS Crew answers - Absolutely, the 500 Xsporter PRO is fully compatible and highly recommended for the 2001 Dodge Dakota.
C. St. Onge asks - I want to buy this truck rack but would like to doublecheck that it works on the 2012 Toyota Tundra (access cab 6' bed).
ORS Crew answers - All set, this will serve as a superb 2012 Toyota Tundra pickup truck bed rack system.
FP asks - Does the Thule Xsporter Pro 500 fit a FORD RANGER 2012?
ORS Crew answers - You are all set. This is a Thule Racks confirmed and sanctioned fit. The 500 Xsporter Pro serves as a superb 2012 Ford Ranger truck rack-ladder rack complete system.
Product videos coming soon.
Customer Installation Pictures
Proud current customer with ORS Racks Direct?
Thule 753-3761 Load Stops (set of 4) - All-Purpose Tie Downs for Thule 500 Xsporter Pro Truck Rack
Thule XK3 Toyota Tacoma Truck Rack Adapter Kit for 500 Xsporter Pro System
2013 Thule 523 Load Straps (one pair) - 15' All-Purpose Rack Straps for Securing Carrier Loads
2013 Thule 831 Locking Straps (one pair) - 13' Lockable Rack Straps for Ladder, Surfboard, SUP, Kayak, Canoe etc.
All Thule Car & Truck Rack Xadapts - Adapters for Connecting Certain Thule Gear Carriers to Thule AeroBlade, Rapid Aero, Whispbar Racks, Thule Pro Series, TracRac & Xsporter Truck Racks
TracRac Truck Rack & Van Rack Systems - Commercial / Contractor Grade Trac Rac Truck Racks Including G2 Sliding Track Rack, T-Rac G2, TracONE, CapRac, CabRac, UtilityRac G2 & TracVan
Thule Truck Racks & Van Racks - Truck bed Multi-Purpose and Bike Racks, Hitch Mount Carriers & Tracks for Caps, Camper Shells etc.
Thule Spare Parts & Replacement Parts for All Thule Racks
Roll over tabs above for product reviews, discussion, videos, install photos, additional recommended accessories & more.
2005+ Toyota Tacoma pickups with truck bed channel systems require the Thule XK3 Adapter Kit (sold separately; see accessory add-ons above) to install the Xsporter Pro 500 system.
Includes pack of 4 Thule locks to fully lock the truck rack to the pick-up truck bed rails.
Optionally available are the set of 4 all-purpose 7533761 Thule Load Stops (sold separately; see accessory add-ons above) for stabilizing cargo loads such as ladders, lumber, conduit, canoe and more. Load Stops adjust and position anywhere along the cross bars.
Includes pair of load bars (also called crossbars) with a length of 72 inches.
Virtually all Thule roof mount gear carriers attach directly to the Xsporter truck rack load bars or using the Thule Xadapt Kits. Please click the link below to view compatibility specifications of the most popular Thule sports gear carriers when used on Thule Xsporter bars:
» complete Thule gear carrier compatibility chart
QUICK ORDERING SOLUTION
Alternatively, we suggest using our easy Thule Racks automated fit guide to check for truck rack compatibility with your specific year/make/model pickup truck and/or order any gear carrier attachments you may want:
*please note: Thule Racks fit guide does not always show all compatible options. Please contact us with any additional compatibility questions.