The Thule 599XTR Big Mouth bike rack is a traditional upright style bike carrier great for transporting all styles of bikes with the exception of fat tire bikes. Unlike other similar style upright carriers that have a hard to reach knob for opening and closing the frame jaws, the 599XTR Big Mouth bike carrier features a lever located at the base of the upright arm assembly that opens and closes the clamping jaws in one motion. Simply pull the lever to open the jaws and when bike is loaded, push the lever back and the self-adjust feature automatically tightens the rubber padded jaws to the ideal clamping pressure on any downtube up to 3 ⅜” diameter (virtually all bikes fit within this measurement). The Thule 599XTR Big Mouth attaches directly to Thule and Inno square load bars, and Yakima round crossbars. It is also compatible with T-slot style bars such as Thule Aeroblade and Aeroblade Edge bars and Thule Xsporter bars using the Thule Xadapt2 adapter kit. Also connects to factory installed crossbars using the Thule 532 Ride-On Adapter. For prevention from theft, the Big Mouth has a dual locking design which simultaneously locks the bicycle into the carrier and the carrier itself to the car rack crossbars using one Thule lock cylinder (sold separately).
- Jaws open and close with an easy to reach lever, so no more stretching on your tiptoes to turn a hard to reach knob
- Self-adjusting closure optimizes clamping pressure automatically for worry free and perfect bike clamping every time
- Compatible with virtually all styles of bikes including kids, women's, hybrid, road, bmx & mountain bikes with downtubes up to 3-3/8" in diameter (virtually all bicycles fit within this measurement)
- Not compatible with Fat Tire bikes
- Attaches directly to Thule and Inno square load bars and Yakima round bars
- Also connects to factory crossbars using the Thule 532 Ride On Adapter or to T-slot equipped bars using the Thule Xadapt2 adapter
- Dual locking design, locks bike to carrier and carrier itself to the roof rack crossbars using one Thule lock cylinder (sold separately)
- Thule Racks Lifetime Warranty!