☆☆☆☆☆-- ATTENTION --☆☆☆☆☆
double-check on best THULE RACKS product prices...
email us, telephone, livechat
our popular PRICE MATCH PLUS+ program — details
THULE RACKS AND ACCESSORIES ALL SHIPPING NOW!
+ 20% OFF (or more) SALE ON THULE'S SPORTRACK BRAND!
+ FREE SHIPPING* on orders of $99+ (contiguous USA)
*please note: deep discount clearance/closeout 'specials',
'red hot returns' etc. excluded from current website coupons.
*certain cargo roof boxes excluded from coupons/free shipping.
MADE IN THE U.S.A.
The new Thule 625 Force XL cargo roof box is the second largest model available in Thule Racks exceptionally well designed, extremely durable, affordable and easy to use mid-level priced Force Series of cartop roof rack cross bars mounting hard-shell, protective, waterproof cargo-luggage gear and ski-snowboard containers. The 625 Force XL box is the most popular model in the Force Series because it fulfills so many purposes and is perfectly sized to match a very broad range of vehicle sizes and design styles (including sedans, wagons, minivans, CUV and SUV models, pickup truck cabs, Jeeps etc.) Offers a huge 17 cu./ft carrying capacity - a very large amount of space for all kinds of luggage gear, vacation and camping supplies, skis-snowboards (holds up to 4-6 snowboards / 6-8 pair skis) and more. Includes locks and keys for total system security. Dual-side opening design for convenient opening and closing the roof box from either side of the automobile. Features a matte black finish with diamond-textured AeroSkin box lid. The Force 625 XL replaces the previous generation Thule 604 Ascent 1600 cargo box with significant upgrades and all-new features.
ALL-NEW THULE 625 FORCE XL FEATURED HIGHLIGHTS:
- Universal Roof Rack Crossbar Mounting - Attaches directly to virtually all factory rack cross bars, any aftermarket base rack system cross bars from Thule (including AeroBlade and Xsporter Pro load bars), Yakima, Whispbar, Inno cartop base rack crossbars etc.
- Ideally Sized - The 625 Force XL is the most popular model in the Force Series because it fulfills so many purposes and is perfectly sized to match a very broad range of vehicle sizes and design styles (including sedans, wagons, minivans, CUV and SUV models, pickup truck cabs, Jeeps etc.)
- Dimensions: 84”(L) x 34.5”(W) x 17”(H)
- Diamond-Textured AeroSkin Box Lid - The unique AeroSkin box lid serves up premium good looks, exceptional long-lasting durability and an aerodynamic shape that dramatically minimizes fuel cost. Reinforced construction makes the lid strong and easy to open and close.
- Aerodynamic Design - Highly engineered and rigorously tested, the 625 Force cargo carrier provides noticeably reduced wind drag and noise. Greatly improves fuel economy.
- Expanded Range of Vehicle Mounting Points - The greatly expanded range of vehicle mounting points and adjustable positioning on roof rack cross bars maximizes rear trunk and hatch clearance, allowing rear trunk or hatch door to open fully without contacting the back of the roof box.
- Patented Quick-Grip Universal Mounting Clamps - Delivers super fast worry-free installation and requires no tools for mounting to base rack cross bars. Ensures the cargo-luggage container is perfectly secured to the roof rack cross bars at all times. Requires on average of just 5 minutes to install the box on vehicle, as well as removing when not needed.
- Convenient Dual-Side Cargo Roof Box Opening - Allows for easier loading and unloading from either side of the vehicle.
- Thule Over-Sized SecureLock System (locks and keys included) - Ensures all luggage, cargo gear, camping equipment, skis, snowboards etc. are safely locked, and the cargo carrier is properly closed prior to driving. When locked, the Thule 625 Force XL cargo container itself is also secured to vehicle base rack system cross bars and safe from theft.
The Thule Racks 625 Force XL cartop cargo gear box delivers 17 cubic feet of storage space - a huge amount room for snowboards, skis, sports gear and equipment, luggage, vacation and camping supplies, baby strollers / baby joggers, golf club bags, shopping bags and much more. Easily transports up to 6-8 pair skis / 4-6 snowboards. Universal Thule Quick-Grip mounting hardware allows the 625 Force XL box to quickly connect directly to virtually all factory rack cross bars, any aftermarket base roof rack system crossbars from Thule (including AeroBlade and Xsporter Pro load bars), Inno, Yakima, Whispbar car rack cross bars etc.
Advanced aerodynamic design styling (includes diamond-textured AeroSkin lid) effectively minimizes wind drag and improves vehicle fuel economy. Enhances the look of any vehicle. Very durable and stiff construction that is scratch and scuff resistant and UV sun ray resistant, ensuring the awesome looking matte black color exterior appearance never dulls or fades. Features water-proof protection as well. Significantly expanded range of mounting points and adjustable positioning on roof rack cross bars for rear trunk and back hatch door clearance, allowing you to open your vehicle's rear door up fully without contacting the back of the cargo box. Lid on the box features diamond-textured AeroSkin design for added strength and improved aerodynamics. Thule Over-Sized SecureLock system (locks and keys included) is a cinch to operate, simultaneously locking all equipment and gear inside the cargo container, as well as locking the container itself to the rooftop car rack cross bars.
Dimensions: 84”(L) x 34.5”(W) x 17”(H) / Weight: 44 lbs.
Easy to follow 625 Thule Force XL box installation instructions help manual included.
Thule Racks Lifetime Warranty!
Thule 625 Force XL Cargo Box Resource Wall
Read the reviews below to find out what other customers are saying about this cartop cargo-luggage carrier.
Contribute Your Review of the Thule Force XL Cargo Box
Be the first to contribute a review this item!
Discuss the 625 Thule Racks Force XL cargo-luggage container for car rooftop base rack system crossbars. Use the form below to fire away with your questions, answers and general comments about this product.
N.R. says - I recently bought this box under the impression it was supposed to be the best option for protecting my gear and luggage inside the roof box from water / rain and keeping everything dry? I waited a few months to finally install the box for a road trip. I then loaded it up and drove 300 miles, half the trip on the road was in rain and at destination everything inside was soaking wet and puddles of water inside the box! Not impressed! I've never had this issue with any other cargo roof boxes I've owned over many years.
ORS Crew answers - Thank you for the feedback N.R.! We take this information very seriously. In this case we spoke with Thule Racks directly, and we received some very interesting news... Thule discovered in the 1st quarter of 2013 that specifically the 625 Force XL and 626 Force XXL roof boxes were prone to 'fish mouthing', a term Thule Racks uses to describe the tendency of a roof box lid to open up a bit in the front (looking like an open mouth bass fish). This is caused by the lack of reinforcement in the box lid to withstand the tremendous wind forces produced during travel. Thule took these Force boxes out of production and redesigned them using the same front lid reinforcement bar and rivets engineering as the premium series Thule Sonic roof boxes in order to fix this issue. For clarity, Thule sent us a couple pictures (see pictures below) of what this new reinforcement bar and rivets design looks like. If your Force box does not look similar to then you unfortunately do not have the 2nd generation design. Both ORS Racks Direct and Thule Racks are committed in rectifying the situation, immediately willing to proceed further with whatever is necessary to ensure your product satisfaction you deserve as a much appreciated ORS Racks Direct and Thule Racks customer. For certain we will contact you and follow up more regarding this issue.
REINFORCEMENT BAR ON FRONT BOX LID INTERIOR
EXTRA REINFORCEMENT RIVETS ON THE NOSE
Product videos for this item coming soon.
Customer Installation Pictures
Proud current customer with ORS Racks Direct?
Thule Roof Rack Accessories - Thule 232 Step Up Wheel Step
Thule 571 Roof Box Storage Lift - Also Stores Canoes, Kayaks, Sailboards, Ladders etc.
Thule Spare Parts & Replacement Parts for All Thule Racks
All Thule Racks Roof Cargo Box Gear & Luggage Carriers | Hyper, Sonic, Force, Pulse, SideKick etc.
Roll over tabs above for product reviews, discussion, videos, install photos, additional recommended accessories & more.
This car roof mount luggage / cargo box connects directly to all styles of Thule base rack load bars, Yakima multi-purpose base rack round crossbars, Whispbar rack crossbars, Inno roof rack bars and virtually all factory roofrack cross bars. At order checkout we will obtain your vehicle year/make/model info to ensure this cargo carrier is compatible.
We offer 2 fulfillment options for cargo boxes:
1) Shipment by freight to residential/commercial addresses
2) In-store pickup.
See below for details…
1) For Shipments to Residential and Commercial Addresses
(choose delivery method of “SHIPS VIA FREIGHT”)
PLEASE NOTE: An additional freight charge of $50.00 will be added to your order as this item cannot be shipped via UPS/Fed Ex due to its oversize dimensions and must be shipped via freight & we ask that you please allow up to 2-3 weeks for delivery of this item. For your convenience this item ships directly to both residential and commercial business addresses, please supply either a residential or commercial business address for delivery at checkout. Please inspect your Cargo/Gear Box before signing and accepting delivery (this means removal from the cardboard carton and inspection for any visible damage as well as function of hinges/lid supports/locks) from freight company as ORS Racks Direct cannot accept returns or damage claims of these items after delivery has been accepted by the customer. If the box is damaged and unacceptable please refuse delivery with the LTL Freight company and contact us for resolution. If you have any questions concerning shipping and/or delivery please contact us, we're glad to help!
2) For In-Store pickup
(choose delivery method of “IN-STORE PICKUP”)
$50.00 freight charge will be waived. 6% Vermont Sales Tax WILL apply.
Please insert the following address in the “SHIP TO” field at order checkout. This will help alert us to the in-store pickup status of the order and will also add 6% Vermont Sales Tax to your order ( required for in-store pickup).
ORSdirect (Warehouse Pickup)
36 Vast Lane
Barre, VT 05641
We will then contact you to arrange pickup details and arrange for shipment or pickup for any other items in your order. If you have any questions concerning shipping and/or delivery please contact us, we're glad to help!
QUICK ORDERING SOLUTION
Alternatively, we suggest using our easy Thule Racks automated fit guide to quickly select the correct Thule multi-purpose base roof rack system and/or cargo carrier if you don't have one already installed: