The Thule 997 Goal Post hitch mounted kayak / canoe rack provides easier transportation of canoes, kayaks and any long loads on pickup trucks (including trucks with camper shells etc), SUVs and vans. The Thule 997 GoalPost system includes a single 58" Thule square load bar and when used in combination with a roof mounted crossbar system such as the Thule 480 Traverse Half Pack, you can connect any Thule kayak, canoe rack, or paddleboard rack and you’ll be ready to roll. Also Included is a set of multi-use load stops for stabilizing construction materials, ladders etc (load straps sold separately).
- Fits 2” receiver hitches only to provide a rear mounted tower with 58” crossbar for supporting longer loads across the length of a pick-up, SUV, or van
- For use with a roof mounted crossbar system, such as the Thule 480 Traverse Half Pack
- Telecoping design enables height adjustment so that 997 Goal Post load bar is level with front mounted load bar
- Two Thule Load Stops included for extra load stability
- Anti-wobble design keeps GoalPost snug in receiver
- Hardware is steel and plated for corrosion-resistance
- Prevent theft by locking to receiver hitch using the Thule Snug-Tite STL2 lock (sold separately)
- Thule Racks Lifetime Warranty!