It turns out you can have your cake and eat it too. The Thule 9027 Apex Swing hitch bike rack for 2 receiver hitches only combines all the great features of the other Apex models with the addition of a convenient swing-away feature to allow rear of vehicle access with up to four bikes fully loaded. Beginning with super strong, lightweight construction and an integrated handle for easy lifting and carrying to and from your vehicle, the 9027 Apex bike rack installs quickly and securely into any 2 receiver hitch. The revolutionary, advanced arc design of the bike arms provides easier bike loading / unloading as well as better ground clearance. The Hold Fast RDT (Road Dampening Technology) Cradles absorb the shock of the road for smooth transport and full bicycle protection while the patented No-Sway Cages prevent bike to bike contact or swinging into the vehicle. The integrated cable lock & key secures all bikes to the carrier while the included Locking Knob and Snug-Tite Receiver lock virtually eliminates wobble and locks the rack into the receiver. The patented Hitch Switch lever allows the bike rack arms to fold down fully when not in use, allowing for garage access, parallel parking etc. Hitch Switch lever also enables the entire rack to tilt down out of the way for easy access to rear of the vehicle (with bikes unloaded).
- Swing-away design allows unobstructed rear of vehicle access with bikes fully loaded
- Easily holds up to four bikes
- Fits 2 hitch receivers only
- Proprietary Hold Fast RDT (Road Dampening Technology) Cradles absorb the shock of the road while driving, protecting the bicycles and ensuring smooth travel
- Patented Thule Racks No-Sway Cages prevent bike to bike contact or swinging into the vehicle
- Patented Hitch Switch lever enables bike cradle arms to easily fold down completely (ideal for parallel parking and pulling into garages etc.)
- Arc design of the bike cradle arms provides greater clearance off the ground and optimal distance between each bicycle
- Compatible with virtually all bike sizes, styles and shapes. Please note: Thule 982XT Top Tube Frame Adaptor (sold separately) is required for bikes with unconventional frames, including certain kid's, women's, freeride/downhill mountain bikes and bmx bikes
- Full system locking security included: integrated heavy-duty bike cable lock secures all bikes to hitch rack; 9027 itself locks to the trailer hitch using the Locking Knob and Snug-Tite receiver locking assembly
- Combines lightweight, ultra-rugged construction with premium styling and finish
- Integrated handhold for easy lifting and carrying to and from vehicle
- Thule Racks Lifetime Warranty!