THULE RACKS 20% OFF (or more) SALE NOW!
+FREE SHIPPING* on orders of $99.00+ (contiguous USA)
*cargo roof boxes, spare parts excluded from 20% off sale.
*certain cargo roof boxes excluded from free shipping.
also available: Thule 824 Gate Mate TailGate Pad
(62" wide version for full-size pickup trucks)
The Thule 823 Gate Mate TailGate Pad delivers ultimate protection for both your pickup truck and the bicycles loaded up on it. This slick alternative to pickup truck bike racks serves as a superb solution for those that want to just get the bicycles in the back of the pickup truck as fast as they can and go! The 823 Thule Gate Mate TailGate Pad is 54" wide, ideal for any compact pick-ups (also available in the 824 Thule Gate Mate TailGate Pad version, 62" wide for any full-size pick-ups). Allows for carrying multiple bicycles and also serves as great protection for other gear loads hauled in the pickup truckbed.
Loaded with premium features, the Thule 823 Gate Mate TailGate Pad for bikes is constructed of ultra durable, heavy duty vinyl with foam padding that fully protects all bicycles as well as the pickup truck tailgate. Gate Mate is secured in place on the tail gate using the integrated sturdy straps. The clever Handle Hood feature allows for easy access to the tailgate handle without having to remove the Gate Mate, while the integrated Knock-Block located at each end of the bike pad ensures the bicycles never slide off the edge of the tailgate. Even includes built-in strap anchors that provide secure tie-down points to fully stabilize and secure in place all the bikes or any other loads you want to haul in the pickup truck bed using the Thule 823 GateMate Tail Gate Pad.
- A superb alternative to pickup truck bike racks, the Gate Mate allows for carrying multiple bicycles and also serves as great protection for other gear loads hauled in the pickup truckbed.
- Quickly attaches to the tail gate using the integrated straps.
- Handle Hood provides easy, convenient access to the tail gate handle without having to remove the Thule 823 GateMate Pad.
- Knock-Blocks on both ends of the pad protect the bikes and pickup truck by preventing bicycles and other loads from ever sliding off the edge of the tail gate.
- Strap anchors allow for optionally securing in place the bikes or any other gear loads.
- Premium, heavy duty and durable construction combined with modern design styling for serious good looks.
- The Thule 823 Gate Mate TailGate Pad is 54" wide, ideal for any compact pick-ups (also available in the Thule 824 Gate Mate TailGate Pad version, 62" wide for any full-size pick-ups).
- Easy-to-follow 823 Thule Gate Mate installation instructions included.
- Thule Racks Lifetime Warranty!
Thule 823 Gate Mate TailGate Pad Resource Wall
Read the reviews below to find out what other customers are saying about this item.
Contribute Your Review of the 823 Thule Racks Gate Mate TailGate Pad for Bicycles
Be the first to contribute a review of this item!
Discuss the Thule Racks 823 GateMate tail gate bike pad for pickup trucks. Use the form below to fire away with your questions, answers and general comments about this product.
Product videos coming soon.
Customer Installation Pictures
Proud current customer with ORS Racks Direct?
20%+ OFF SALE Thule Cable Locks for Car Racks - Thule 538XT Cable Lock
20%+ OFF SALE Thule 831 Locking Straps (one pair) - 13' Lockable Rack Straps for Ladder, Surfboard, SUP, Kayak, Canoe etc.
Lashlock Car Roof Rack Locking Systems - Looking for kayak locks, canoe locks or surfboard locks? - The Lash Lock is your answer
20%+ OFF SALE Thule BSTK2 Bike Stacker Storage Rack - Home Rack / Garage Rack for Hanging Two Bikes
All Delta Cycle Wall Mount Storage Racks - Home & Apartment Bike Hanging Racks
Thule 699 Round Trip Bicycle Box-Travel Case | Thule Racks Bike Case for Travel
Thule Spare Parts & Replacement Parts for All Thule Racks
Roll over tabs above for product reviews, discussion, videos, install photos, additional recommended accessories & more.
We recommend the Thule 538XT Bike Cable Lock, SteelCore lock straps or the Lashlock cable lock system (all sold separately; see accessory add-ons above) to protect your bikes from theft.