In a class all its own, the Thule 598003 ProRide upright roof-mounted bike carrier blends an elegant, one-of-a-kind design with features geared towards optimum convenience and functionality, for a stylish, secure, and easy to use upright style roof mounted bicycle rack that looks as good as it performs. The Thule ProRide bike rack carries bikes in the upright position, so the front wheel doesn't need to be removed. A rubber padded clamping jaw attached to a pivoting arm securely clamps to the bike's downtube with just the right amount of clamping force thanks to the torque limiter built into the ergonomic, easy to reach dial, so damage to the bicycle frame due to over tightening is all but eliminated. The wheels are held down securely in the adjustable wheel cradles with quick-release wheel straps that can accommodate tires up to 3" wide. For compatibility with fat bike tires up to 5" wide, the Thule 5981 ProRide Fat Bike Adapter is available as an accessory. Tool free mounting hardware makes installation and removal from the crossbars quick and easy, and the support arm can be switched from one side to the other in a matter of seconds. Universal mounting fits virtually all styles of crossbars from round, square, and aero aftermarket crossbars to factory installed crossbars, and it can be attached directly to T-slot bars using the included T-slot mounting hardware for the cleanest, most integrated attachment possible.
- Upright style bike carrier carries bike with the front wheel on and is ideal for road and cyclocross bikes, as well as mountain bikes with thru-axle forks
- Replaces Thule 598 Criterium upright bike rack
- Redesigned frame clamp features soft rubber pads and an extended lower jaw to prevent bike from falling when clamp is loosened
- Ergonomic, easy-to-reach dial located at base of support arm features a torque indicator to avoid overtightening of the frame clamp onto the bike frame
- Adjustable wheel trays with quick release wheel straps fit tire widths up to 3" wide
- Universal tool free mounting hardware attaches to virtually all styles of aftermarket and factory installed crossbars
- Attaches directly into T-slots with included T-slot mounting hardware
- Lock your bicycle inside the bike rack and the carrier itself to the cross bars using two Thule One-Key lock cylinders (sold separately)
- Fat bike compatible with Thule 5981 ProRide Fat Bike Adapter (sold separately)
- Bike weight limit: 40 lbs
- Thule Racks Lifetime Warranty!