THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED BY YAKIMA RACKS AND IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
We suggest viewing our other Yakima fork mount bike racks and all fork mount bike racks for possible alternatives.
The Yakima SteelHead Bike Racks (8002045) are classic fork mount bike carriers that are extremely strong, easy to use and quickly attach to Yakima multi-purpose base rack crossbars. The Yakima SteelHead is not compatible with Inno and Thule square load bars or factory car rack crossbars. Yakima lock recommended (not included; see accessory add-ons below) to simultaneously secure the bicycle to the Yakima SteelHead and the bike rack itself to the roof rack crossbars. Fits many bicycle sizes and shapes including road bikes with skinny tires on up to cruiser / hybrid bike tires and mountain bike knobby tires.
- Quick-release skewer provides easy loading/unloading of your bike.
- Long throw 9 mm quick-release skewer grasps any size mountain or road bike fork. Please note if your bike has disc brakes we recommend the Yakima SprocketRocket bike rack instead.
- Adjust skewer to your bike's front fork only once; from then on, clamp your bike's fork into the mount in one easy motion.
- Made of stainless steel to withstand lots of use and abuse.
- Lockable with Yakima Same Key System (SKS) lock core (not included; see accessory add-ons below). Simultaneously locks bike to the Yakima SteelHead and the bike rack itself to the roofrack cross bars.
- Attaches quickly to Yakima roof base rack cross bars. Not compatible with Inno and Thule square load bars or factory rack bars.
- Aerodynamic fork block for low profile and extra stability.
- Yakima SteelHead fits a wide range of wheels and tires.
- Completely secure at high speeds and on rough roads.
- All hardware and rear wheelstrap included.
- Yakima 8002045 Steelhead easy-to-follow instructions included.
- Yakima Racks Lifetime Warranty!
» 2045 Yakima SteelHead Installation Instructions
» Yakima roof bike racks comparison chart