The couple that rides together stays together. But that doesn't mean you have to load and unload your bike together, too. Thanks to ingenious swing-arm technology, the Yakima SideWinder tandem bike carrier makes it simple for one person to load and unload a tandem bicycle. Just pull the red pin to swing the fork mount away from the vehicle, lift the front bike fork into the carrier, and then lift the back of the bicycle into place in the rack once the front is secured. The premium, lockable skewer, quick-release ratchet straps, and included handlebar strap are burly and secure, and the padded boom cradle protects bottom-mounted bike cables. Plus, the elevated fork mount offers hatchback clearance on most vehicles, too. The SideWinder roof bike rack can be locked to the cross bars with the addition of one SKS lock core (sold separately). This fork-mount tandem rack installs directly on round and square cross bars (not compatible with factory or aerodynamic cross bar styles).
- Carries one tandem bicycle
- Mounts directly to round or square cross bars - not compatible with factory or aerodynamic cross bar shapes
- Skewer arm swings out from vehicle for simple one-person bike loading
- User-friendly long-throw skewer fits virtually any tandem fork
- Raised fork mount provides hatchback clearance on most vehicles
- Padded boom cradle with quick-release ratchet straps protects bottom-mounted bike cables
- Handlebar strap offers extra stability
- Carrier will lock to vehicle with the addition of one SKS lock core (sold separately)
- 50 lb. bike weight limit
- Cross bar spread must be between 24" – 36"
- Full instructions included
- Yakima Racks lifetime warranty