8002589 YAKIMA DRYDOCK TRAILER HITCH RACK FOR CANOE-KAYAKS DISCONTINUED BY YAKIMA RACKS AND IS NOW UNAVAILABLE.
It is replaced by the 8002449 Yakima DryDock hitch mount upright T-bar rack (with tilt-down feature). And, as always, please contact us with any further questions you may have regarding this item or others.
» Start Trailer Hitches Fit Guide Now
» about CURT Hitches | » hitch adapters & hitch extenders
The Yakima DryDock Boat Hitch Mount (8002589) is rear 2" hitch receiver mount kayak / canoe rack offering a great way to carry your boat(s) on pickup trucks, SUV's, vans and more. Use in combination with a Yakima Q Tower Half Pack multi-purpose base roof rack system (not included) on the front of your vehicle. You can then connect any Yakima kayak racks and canoe racks. Also makes a great lumber, ladder, pipes etc carrier when used in combination with Yakima LoadStops & Straps (not included; see accessory add-ons below). Stabilizing straps included. We highly recommend the Yakima HitchLock (not included; see accessory add-ons below) to lock to the trailer hitch receiver.
Please Note: The Yakima DryDock kayak-canoe rack requires one Yakima cross bar (not included; select the size you need when adding Dry Dock to your cart or see accessory add-ons below. Crossbar must be at least 58".)
- Yakima DryDock fits 2" hitch receivers.
- Y-frame design creates an easy loading platform for pickup trucks (including those with truckbed caps and camper shells), SUVs and vans.
- Stabilizing straps included.
- Use the Yakima Dry Dock in combination with a Yakima Q Tower Half Pack multi-purpose base roof rack system (not included) on the front of your vehicle.
- Height-adjustable to exactly match the height of your front-of-vehicle roof top rack; easily raise your cargo load over truckbed cap, camper shell, SUV or van.
- Requires one Yakima crossbar (not included; allows you to choose the length you prefer - select crossbar length when adding DryDock to your cart or see accessory add-ons below). Must be at least 58" in length.
- Add any Yakima gear attachments to carry canoes or kayaks.
- Also makes a great lumber or ladder carrier when used in combination with Yakima Load Stops & Straps (not included; see accessory add-ons below).
- We recommend the Yakima Hitch Lock (not included; see accessory add-ons below) to lock the Yakima Dry Dock to the trailer hitch receiver.
- Yakima DryDock dimensions: 56"-70" tall (adjustable in 2" increments) / 52" wide at top of Y-frame. About 8-1/2" between inside edge of upright mast and hitch bolt hole.
- Easy-to-follow Yakima 2589 DryDock Boat Hitch Mount installation instructions manual included.
- Yakima Racks Lifetime Warranty!
Yakima DryDocks are a great solution for creating car & truck racks to carry watersport gear like canoes, kayaks etc. Carry longer gear including construction equipment and materials like ladders, lumber, piping and more. (Yakima Half Pack sold separately.)
» Yakima DryDock Hitch Mount Installation Instructions