With a sleek and simple design, the Yakima DeckHand kayak saddles are ideal for safely transporting any style of kayak in the flat position on a vehicle’s roof-mounted crossbar system. PLEASE NOTE: The Yakima DeckHand saddles are sold in pairs, giving you the option of either combining them with another pair of DeckHand saddles or for a little extra help with loading and unloading, matching them up with pair of Yakima HandRoll kayak rollers. With tool-free universal mounting clamps, the DeckHand saddles install quickly and easily onto virtually any style of aftermarket or factory installed crossbars. The saddles can also be locked to the crossbars with optional Yakima SKS lock cores (sold separately) which install into the universal mounting clamps to prevent them from being opened and removed from the bars. Each mounting clamp takes a single lock core, so for one kayak there are four total mounts (a single kayak requires either two pairs of DeckHand saddles or a single pair of DeckHand saddles and a single pair of HandRoll rollers) so a Yakima SKS 4 lock pack is recommended for complete locking security of the kayak carrier. To lock the kayak into the saddles, a locking cable such as the Yakima 9ft. SKS Locking Cable or a set of locking load straps like the Yakima RipCord locking straps is recommended. For full contact cradling and maximum protection of your boat, the Deckhand’s saddles are designed to flex to conform to the hull shape of your kayak and they feature a felt padded surface for extra cushion and reduced friction when loading and unloading. Included with the Yakima DeckHand kayak cradles is one Yakima HeavyDuty strap and one Yakima Bow/Stern Tie down (Yakima HandRoll kayak rollers or second set of Yakima DeckHand saddles will include the other half of a complete set of straps and tie downs).
- SOLD IN PAIRS! Purchase of a second pair of DeckHand saddles or a pair of Yakima HandRoll Kayak Rollers is required to carry one boat
- Tool-free universal mounting clamps quickly and easily install on nearly all aftermarket crossbars from Yakima, Whispbar, Thule, Inno, RockyMounts, and more, as well as attach to virtually all factory installed crossbars
- Locking security for the kayak carrier can be achieved with purchase of Yakima SKS 4 lock pack (each mount takes a single lock core, for a total of four mounts, two for each crossbar, for a single kayak)
- Locking security for the kayak is possible with purchase of a locking cable or locking load straps, such as the Yakima 9 ft. SKS Locking Cable or the Yakima RipCord Locking Load Straps
- Flexible saddles conform to the shape of the kayak’s hull for the fullest contact possible
- Felt-padded cradles protect hull and reduce friction for easier loading and unloading
- Warranty: Yakima Love it Till You Leave It Lifetime Warranty