☆☆☆☆☆-- ATTENTION --☆☆☆☆☆
doublecheck on best YAKIMA RACKS product prices...
email us, telephone, livechat
our popular PRICE MATCH PLUS+ program — details
YAKIMA RACKS IN STOCK / SHIPPING NOW!
+ FREE SHIPPING* on orders of $99+ (contiguous USA)
*certain deep discount clearance, closeouts, red hot returns,
promotional items excluded from current website coupons.
*cargo roof boxes excluded from free shipping program.
» Start Trailer Hitches Fit Guide Now
» about CURT Hitches | » hitch adapters & hitch extenders
» Yakima Hitch Bike Rack Specifications & Tips* (adobe pdf)
(*Determine Yakima bike rack & receiver hitch compatibility etc.)
8002443 Yakima HoldUp 2" trailer hitch bike rack
*specifically fits 2 inch receiver hitches and holds 2 bikes
The redesigned, better-than-ever Yakima HoldUp 1-1/4" Hitch Bike Rack (8002445), for mounting to any trailer hitches with a 1.25 inch opening, is the fastest and easiest way to load up bicycles of virtually any style, size or design - perfectly suited for any bikes with ultra-fat width knobbies, very skinny width road tires and the full range of bike tire widths in between. Securely accommodates bikes with 20" wheels on up to huge 29" wheel 29'er bicycles etc. Serves up exceptional high-performance loading, securing and transporting of bmx and kid bikes, downhill-freeride style, 29ers and regular mountain bikes, hybrid style and any road bicycles etc.
The premium Yakima HoldUp 1-1/4" hitch bike rack is a platform bicycle tray style bike carrier, delivering the ultimate in unmatched performance and effortless functionality. The 1-1/4" Yakima Hold Up platform hitch bike rack trays are located conveniently low to the ground for very easy bike loading - simply lift entire bicycle and place both wheels in the fully adjustable bike tray front and rear wheel holders, then quickly ratchet down the StrongArm mechanism securely onto the front bike wheel, and then tighten the ratcheting rear strap to secure rear wheel. That's it! And no part of the HoldUp bike rack ever touches the bicycle frame. Full system locking security included.
The 8002445 Yakima HoldUp hitch mount bike rack for receiver hitches with a 1.25 inch opening is the result of extensive design engineering and testing, replacing the older model 8002434 HoldUp with significant upgrades and all-new features.
ALL-NEW YAKIMA 1-1/4" HOLD UP FEATURED HIGHLIGHTS:
- Bike Tray Sliding Adjustability - Now allows each bike tray to adjust to any length for a perfectly custom fit with the specifically sized bicycle loaded onto the tray. The new adjustable, sliding bike trays also eliminate any bike to bike interference.
- Superior StrongArm Technology - The fully adjustable and pivoting arm with attached StrongArm mechanism that ratchets down onto the front wheel, securing the bike in place, is significantly updated with superior strength materials for durability to last a lifetime of hard use. Easier than ever StrongArm performance and functionality and designed to fit an even greater range of bicycles, including very large 29ers etc.
- Glossy Black Powdercoat Finish - Delivers premium design styling with a superior, modern look that looks great on the back of any automobile. The black glossy powdercoat finish is applied using advanced technology, ensuring the hitch bike rack continues to remain looking great even through years and years of regular hard use.
The new Yakima Hold Up 1-1/4" hitch mount bike rack is easier than ever to use, each bicycle can be loaded in 10 seconds or less! Full system locking security included. Carrier folds up completely when not in use, and tilts-down fully (with or without all bikes loaded) for easy access to rear of vehicle. Fits any trailer hitch receiver with 1.25 inch opening. Also available is the 8002443 Yakima HoldUp 2" platform hitch bike rack model for use on any hitches with 2 inch size opening.
- The best-in-class 8002445 Yakima Hold Up is a platform style rear mount bike hitch rack that offers unrivalled, effortless loading and transport of bicycles.
- Compatible with virtually all bikes regardless of frame size, design, suspension, or brakes. Supports even the heaviest freeride / downhill mountain bikes and more. An ideal option for transporting any carbon road bikes as well as disc brakes, thru axles and full suspension bikes.
- Accommodates all tire widths, from ultra-fat 3" width mountain bike tires to skinny 1" road tires etc. Ideal compatibility with a huge range of bicycles, from 20" wheels on up to huge 29'er wheels etc.
- Load each bicycle onto the Yakima HoldUp trailer hitch bicycle carrier in 10 seconds or less! Simply lift each bike with both wheels on and place on the bike tray front and rear wheel holders, then quickly ratchet down the StrongArm mechanism onto the front bike wheel, and then tighten the superior, highest quality ratcheting rear wheel strap to the back wheel. That's it! Hop in your car and go!
- Exceptional loading and securing design also ensures no bike frame contact, eliminating any possible scratching or markings on bicycle frame.
- Each bike tray can now slide and adjust to any length and position for perfect custom placement of bike wheel holders to fit whatever size bicycle being loaded onto the tray. The new sliding, adjustable bike trays also eliminate any bike to bike interference.
- Includes full system locking security. Heavy-duty, integrated locking bike cable on each StrongArm prevents bad guys from stealing the bicycles, while the HitchLock locking hitch pin ensures the Yakima Hold Up hitch bike rack itself remains safely on the vehicle. All Yakima SKS locks and keys included.
- Entire carrier folds up in vertical position when not in use, providing a very clean look, as well as pulling into garages and parking spaces without any rear clearance issues. The 1-1/4" Yakima HoldUp bike rack also features tilt-down convenience of entire carrier, even when all bicycles are loaded, for easy access to the back of the automobile.
- The 8002445 Yakima HoldUp 1-1/4" model fits any hitches with 1-1/4 inch opening. The 8002443 Yakima Hold Up 2" version is also available for trailer hitches with 2 inch size opening.
- Any possible hitch rack wobble (often found on competitors' models) is eliminated with integrated hitch tongue stability and anti-wobble mechanism.
- Even includes built-in 'Yakima RackDawg' approved metal bottle opener for post ride beverage celebrations and toasts to cycling best of friends and best of times.
- Easy to follow 8002445 Yakima Hold Up 1-1/4" model installation instructions help manual included.
- Yakima Racks Lifetime Warranty!
» Yakima HoldUp 1-1/4" Hitch Bike Rack Install Manual
» Yakima Bike Hitch Racks Comparison Chart
» Yakima Hitch Bike Rack Specifications & Tips
(Determine Yakima bike rack & receiver hitch compatibility etc.)
Yakima HoldUp 1-1/4" Hitch Bike Rack Resource Wall
Read the reviews below to find out what other customers are saying about this item.
Contribute Your Review of the Yakima HoldUp Bike Rack for 1.25" Tralier Hitches
Absolutely LOVE IT! I Never Take It Off Car
this 1-1/4" Yakima HoldUp review by Sandy Y.
vehicle year/make/model: 2010 Subaru Forester 1-1/4" trailer hitch
item(s) transported: Two tri bikes: Trek Speed Concept and Specialized Transition
This rack has a very easy knob you just pull and it lowers and raises. No crawling under rack/bikes and pulling out a pin. Also has tilt feature so I can open hatch with bikes already loaded. So nice to always have the rack with you in case one of your friends is stranded in a rain storm and needs a lift. True story! Bikes are very secure with not a lot of rocking and shaking. Wish I had bought this rack a long time ago because if would have saved me damage to my top tube by using a hanger type rack with velcro strips.
HoldUp is worth the extra money!
this 1-1/4" Yakima HoldUp review by Keith
vehicle year/make/model: 2009 Mazda Speed3 Grand Touring
item(s) transported: Road Bicycles
My previous rack was a Thule "hang and dangle" which swayed and knocked the bikes together. This secures the bikes without all the worry of clanking them together and its fold-up dimensions are so compact that I tend to leave it on the car more than I did with the Thule.
Very Nice Rack
this 1-1/4" Yakima Hold Up review by Sean
vehicle year/make/model: 2005 Chevy Impala
item(s) transported: mountain bikes
I love the concept of this rack. It has plenty of clearance from the car, and I can access my trunk with no problem. The cable lock is a bit inconvenient, so I bought the Hitch Lock, which I just leave attached. Also, when I have two bikes on the rack, they do touch each other, so I have to adjust the seats. This is a bit inconvenient, but not the end of the world. Overall, I like this rack much better than any other rack on the market.
this 1-1/4" Yakima HoldUp review by Jason
vehicle year/make/model: 2010 VW Tiguan 1-1/4" trailer hitch
item(s) transported: road bikes and TT bikes
I am a big fan of the security and solid hold of roof racks, but my wife struggled to lift the bikes up to the top of her Volkwsagen Tiguan. We thought we would give this a try. I like the way it holds the bikes by the wheels, not the frame. Even at freeway speeds, the bikes are secure; no fears of coming loose.
Discuss the Yakima HoldUp platform bike rack for 1.25" trailer hitches. Use the form below to fire away with your questions, answers and general comments about this product.
SURREYshopper asks - Will the Yakima HoldUp work on a hybrid bike with fenders?
ORS Crew answers - Great question, bikes with front fenders should not be used on the HoldUp as the front wheel ratcheting StrongArm cannot properly clamp onto the front wheel for safe and secure transport of the bicycle. Normally we would recommend the Yakima StickUp as a suitable alternative, however if your hybrid bike has a really steep sloping top tube bike frame design then we definitely suggest going with an upright mast style hitch bike rack (also called 'hang & dangle hitch bike racks). These are ideally designed for any bikes with fenders and steeply sloping top tube bike frame designs, such as those found on beach cruisers, women's bikes, many hybrid bikes etc. Excellent choices are the Yakima Swing Daddy, Double Down Ace series and High Lite series.
John asks - How much does the Yakima Hold-up actually weigh?
ORS Crew answers - It weighs 49 lbs.
Olga L. asks - I'm going to be installing a trailer hitch receiver on a 2012 VW Golf TDI 4-door. Will this bike rack work for carrying 2 bicycles on the 2012 VW Golf TDI trailer hitch? I'm also interested in the DoubleDown Ace 2 bicycle carrier. Will that also work?
ORS Crew answers - Both are superb options for use as hitch bike racks on the 2012 VW Golf TDI receiver hitch mount. The HoldUp is available in two different models. One fits 2 inch hitches and the other model fits 1-1/4 inch hitches. The DoubleDown Ace, however, fits both 1-1/4" and 2" trailer hitches, so you don't need to worry about what size trailer hitch you end up installing. The DoubleDown Ace will fit whatever you decide to install.
ATTENTION: This video features the older model Yakima Hold Up trailer hitch bike racks. However, the video provides useful information, as the current HoldUp 1-1/4 inch and 2 inch bike rack models function similarly in many cases.
Customer Installation Pictures
Proud current customer with ORS Racks Direct?
Yakima Bike Hitch Rack & Trunk Bike Rack Accessories including Yakima Locks, Adapters, Ski Rack Attachments etc.
CLOSEOUT SALE Thule 699 Round Trip Bicycle Box-Travel Case | Thule Racks Bike Case for Travel
2014 Thule BSTK2 Bike Stacker Storage Rack - Home Rack / Garage Rack for Hanging Two Bikes
All Delta Cycle Wall Mount Storage Racks - Home & Apartment Bike Hanging Racks
Yakima Spare Parts & Replacement Parts for All Yakima Racks
Roll over tabs above for product reviews, discussion, videos, install photos, additional recommended accessories & more.
8002443 Yakima HoldUp 2" trailer hitch bike rack
*specifically fits 2 inch receiver hitches and holds 2 bikes
Full system locking security included for simultaneously locking all bikes to the Yakima HoldUp hitch mount bicycle carrier and the entire rack itself to the trailer hitch. No additional locking devices necessary.
The Yakima HoldUp 1-1/4" is compatible with all hitches with a 1.25 inch opening.
Transports two bicycles of any style, shape & size.
QUICK ORDERING SOLUTION
Alternatively, we suggest using our easy Yakima Racks automated fit guide to quickly order and choose from a number of Yakima car rear hitch mount bike racks specific to your vehicle: